The Suzuki GSX 400 Motorcycle Shop Manual 1981-1999
sample content from manual
1. The exhaust camshaft can be distinguished from that of the intake by the embossed letters “EX” (for exhaust)as against letters “IN”. The right end can be distinguished by the notch from the left end.
CAM SPROCKET REASSEMBLY
1.It is very important that each sprocket be positioned angularity on its camshaft as illustrated. Its correct position is determined by arrow marks “3” or arrow marks “1” AND “2” Located in reference to the notch in the camshaft end.
2. Apply THREAD LOCK SUPER “1303B” to threads of bolts, and tighten them of the following torque value
CAM CHAIN TENSIONER DISASEMBLY
1. The tension adjuster used in model GSX400F is an automatic type that adjusts itself to apply a constant pensioning force to the chain by compensating for the strength of the chain
2. The spring loaded push rod exerts a constant pressure on the camshaft chain. As the chain stretches, it yields to this pressure and remains in a state of tension. Once the adjuster is set after installation, there is no need to make any further adjustment.
3. The push rod is prevent from withdrawing. As a result the push rod effectively contends with the tendancy of the camshaft chain to shake or vibrate during rough driving conditions.
4. While pusinig the push rod loosen the lock screws and extract the push rod.
- This is the SAME exact manual used by your dealers to fix your vehicle.
- The same can be yours in the next 2-3 mins as you will be directed to the download page immediately after paying for the manual.
- Any queries / doubts regarding your purchase, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org